Thursday, August 25, 2011

Userpick 2: Revenge of User Pick

So I've started up with NCAA 12; there are a million things I want to talk about. I will get to them sooner or later. For now, let's start simple. I'm playing with more or less only Florida.

Game 1
Opponent: xxjoespaugh42xx
Team: the Ohio State University
Record: 15-12 (27% DNF)
My record: 20-11

There was some lag in this game early on, and I asked for a Friendly Quit after like 30 seconds. Request denied. You may know how this is going to end.

I played a very conservative defense, mostly 2-man under, and JoeSpaugh couldn't get anything going underneath. He was pretty set on throwing deep, which isn't going to work with safety support and the pass coverage adjustment set to conservative.

Might as well talk about that a bit: I opt for the conservative adjustment on pass coverage because it helps prevent the deep ball. At the end of this game I had zero picks and ELEVEN deflections. That's a lot of ball-swatting (couldn't link to what I wanted to link to there). I rarely if ever end up with an interception (unless it's a user pick), but I also rarely give up deep completions.

Anyway, JoeSpaugh had one solid drive where he had something like 4th and 6 on my twelve; already down fourteen, he decided to go for it (bully for him). I called a blitz/zone package (not a zone blitz; my D-line didn't drop into coverage, I just happened to have zone coverage behind my blitz; I think it was NCAA blitz 3). Because I had neither run zone nor blitzed to that point, the coverage must've confused Joe, causing him to hesitate and resulting in a sack. If you mix up your coverages, only good things can happen.

Anyway, game ends 28-0. Joe was nice about it, and hung around til the end. But I can't resist: take the draw. TAKE THE DRAW.




No comments:

Post a Comment