Sunday, March 21, 2010

Stupid, Stupid Game

So I am 2-2 in the last three days or so. I didn't write down most of the information from these games, but I will do my best. Also, I am posting from work, where a lot of sites are blocked, so I can't really link much.

Game 6
Opponent: JsouLa
Team: LSU
Better User Name: FugeeLa
Record: 120-70? Something like that.

I krumbled the opening kickoff, and he scored. The rest of the game I was playing panicky, anxious football.

His defense was all Quarters 3-Deep, and he would hot read against the run every time. You'd think this would leave him vulnerable to passing, but his LSU defenders always leaped back into coverage and were able to knock down or pick just about every pass I tried through three quarters. I finally figured out that to take advantage of the run-jumping defense, I needed to throw corner routes off of Smash plays, deep outs, or flats. This scored three TD's in the fourth quarter. I could've also run right at him, because he was playing the run with a bunch of skinny gentlemen. I lost 42-28. Daggumit.

Game 7
Didn't get the information I needed. I got him to quit at 35-9 in the 3rd. In the 1st quarter, I was up 14-3, and he picked off a batted pass and ran it back for a TD; more importantly, he high stepped into the endzone. Don't taunt when you're losing, chief.

Also notable, dude ran a no-huddle offense. Straight up no huddle. It was stupid, and his QB got injured after fumbling.

Game 8
Opponent: xxbodhixx
Team: Texas
Better User Name: xxxbodhixxx (I mean, finish what you start).
Record: 47-51 (!!!)

I lost in 3 overtimes, 55-48. He just ran the ball right at me all game, which is how you beat a 3-3-5 that's been modified for speed and QB containment. He was patient and effective, and I don't know how his record is so bad.

Game 9
Opponent: CubicGorilla91
Team: Florida
Better User Name: CubanGorilla91
Record: 1-0

It was Florida vs Florida, and not just in team: he used the Florida playbook as well. Nothing really special about this game: I won by two TD's. Bleh. I gotta get the taste of those losses out of my mouth.




3 comments:

  1. Game 7 sounded amazing. I'd probably be laughing the whole time watching that.

    Do people ever talk to you via mic?

    Just won a copy on ebay. Hopefully will be here next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's super awkward being on the mic when you're playing. I use the mic in my dynasty, which is cool, but not in ranked matches.

    Can't wait for you to be up and running (or passing).

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was nice in tally when i'd play someone in madden or ncaa and then one of our drunk friends would just get on the mic letting the guy have it for awhile

    ReplyDelete