Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Flexbone Redemption

But first, a date with the helpless.

Game 12
Opponent: Cronrok
Team: USC
Record: 0-8
Better User Name: GhettoRok

Cronrok's first 2 possessions read like this: Sack, Inc, Inc, Fake Punt, Sack, TFL, INT; Completion for no gain, Sack, INT (thrown in triple coverage). Incidentally, I was playing with Illinois, a team that has a fast QB, an excellent receiving corps, and a fast secondary. A very good, sneaky choice to play with. Dude quit at 21-0. Also, he probably can't kick it like this.

Game 13
Opponent: Suspect667
Team: Maryland (props!)
Record: 354-169 (more props!)
Better User Name: Convict667 (sounds harder, more institutional)

Buddy ran the flexbone (with Maryland!), and I was ready for it. I spread out the LB's and let them shoot their gaps to shut down the QB (from Maryland!). Once I got a lead, he had to pass the ball, and the F-Bone just doesn't have any passing flexibility.

His defense (from Maryland!) was pretty good; after a few scrambles, he started to spy my QB. He also called a good variety of defenses, and he was especially effective in coverage with whatever player he was controlling. Unfortunately, when you're constantly spying the QB, you're either not rushing the passer very effectively (because a D-lineman is spying) or you're short in coverage (because a linebacker is spying), and this let me work the ball downfield pretty effectively. Did I mention he was playing with Maryland?

Anyway, I won by three TD's or so, and he conceded defeat in the 4th after I picked off a pass.

Flexbone: handled.

That last link is super interesting.


No comments:

Post a Comment