Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Being Reflective

Alright, so I just lost a game to a talker. Anytime a big play happened for me he had to get on the mic and say it was bull. I muted him during the second quarter, but still played relatively poorly. The key to improvement is honest criticism though, so I'll have to reflect on what I could do better.

First, I have to recognize nano blitzes. The first 2 timed I was sacked, coupled with the random pre snap movement, should have made it obvious. Eventually, I adjusted, but it was too late. I need to recognize the blitz earlier and throw swing passes and find the hot receiver. Also, against nano blitzes that require pre snap set ups, you need to snap the ball quickly to prevent the defense from getting set.

Second, I got lulled into biting on the play action. His running game was effective, and I got impatient and he burned me for a couple touchdown passes; I should have just played that way the whole game.

Don't cave into bullies. Stay calm, recognize the blitz, and play smart.

No comments:

Post a Comment